Wednesday, October 31, 2007

Goodbye

He's one of the very few people I've befriended in Rigga. Proud, dreamy, loyal, straight to the point were some of his traits I can recall. He was one of my morale boosters and one of the people I call whenever boredom and idleness is knocking.

Arounf 11 in the evening I got a call from Jaya, another close friend in Rigga telling me the most shocking tale.

Mickey is HIV positive. No shit !, I said. Bakit ganon? I asked back. Jaya recounts to me that our friend has been into multiple affairs with men without protection and was active before he was diagnosed to have the dreaded disease. I remember talking to Mickey and he was talking about misleading information to avoid the dreaded disease.

He mentioned that this can be avoided by just letting the guy release his juice outside the ass to avoid contamination. I remember telling him that it is not true. Once unprotected anal intercourse takes place and have done it with a HIV positive person, you are a candidate. But my friend has his ways and believed in his own story until the truth striked him.

Let this be a lesson learned to all of us that not all of us are safe. Be honest with your partners and be honest in your sexual activities.

Mickey, I will be calling you one of these days and will pray for you.

No comments: