Thursday, September 06, 2007

P!NK - Just Like A Pill





P!NK in DUBAI



This is not related to the person I know who
likes this color. Thinking of it just makes me vomit
.



I've got a Frontpit Standing ticket to Pink's Concert


Hmm...Okay I'll rephrase that. It's like that I need a pill.


The day started well yesterday morning handling regular business accounts and processing the different orders from my diiferent projects in Kuwait.


The day was very lazy apart from the jokes coming from no where by either the bosses or my officemate. Most of the time dead air was there prevailing over the freaking coldness coming from the vent atop my head. I was destined to die.


Anton came in the afternoon coming from his office in the CNN building inviting me for a small chat and discuss activities to happen for the night.That was like five quarter a few more time before going out.


So the plan was to wait for these 2 Iranian promo girls, watch Pink sing a few songs and go to the beach.


It's 7 PM when we've bumped with one of the promo girls at the main entrance. She was briefed to give away magazines to passersby and Anton faced another problem of loosing armbands for his reporter and photographer to cover the event.


So Anton left me with this promo girl whose name I didn't bother to remember and was instructed to be with her because the girl seems to be a more enthusiastic watching the concert than doing her stint. Anyways, a few minutes after my friends came Violet, Marnelle, Myra and Frennie. I waved at them and was talking to me at a distance. Instict dictates me to come over to them but I was stuck with the promo girl. Think Think Think.

Booze was everywhere...as well as the cuties!!!

A few seconds of thinking left a statement for me being snobbish. But I recalled coming over and saying "Hi!". But I was already branded. It's like having a sign on my forehead saying "KEEP OFF". Grabe.


So eto naman. We're about to fix Anton's problem. Lucille has the tags and she's in a meeting in Mina Al Salam. Unfortunately, she can't take calls because she's seated in the presidential table and the problem there is we have to text her phone in complete english and not the mobile slang of texting.


It turned out that she'll be going there as well. So we're there in Mina Al Salam, Lucille was in a black dress and pearls which looked glamorous on her. She went out of her car handed over the tags and I went to the backseat while she took my spot.


In a few minutes time, we're there in the Pink concert handing over the tags to the photographer and the writer and we've walked like at the very end for the standing pit near the stage.


This reminds me of buying a digicam with more pixels

The weather was horrendous. Seriously. Sweat was dripping from all of my pores and our view isn't good enough we decided (we're on the rightmost wing of the standing pit) to leave after gracing overrated Pink. We'll she was good though but my mood was affected by the chain of events and the humid weather.


We left a few minutes before the show ended which I heard the concert lasted for only an hour and a half. We dropped Lucille back to Mina Al Salam where she came to get her car back and me and Anton drove going to the promise land...the beach.

No comments: