Saturday, September 30, 2006

Pigging out...getting drunk...and splunging with a little extra


Thursday

My boss' 30th birthday. He received 2 shirts from us with one grey shirt saying "DO I FCUK?" and a black shirt replying "TOO BUSY TO FCUK". I'm learning to love the brand for I will be buying a pair of pants and hopefully shorts from the store today.

Pigging out during Iftar

After work, Lars, Caroline's beau treated us to KFC. Surprisingly, it was Iftar that time. By the way, Ramadan started last Saturday and it means fasting from the time of their first prayer usually 4 am and ends around 5:30. Iftar is some sort of a daily feast of breaking their fast in the afternoon and this celebration is observed by local fastfoods like KFC, Mary Brown to name a few.

We had difficulty finding tables to accomodate 7 people because the joint was filled with people pigging out on chicken, fries, bread and softdrinks. KFC offers an "Iftar Meal" where chicken, fries and softdrinks are unlimited. Serving of these items stops at 7:30 (This info I only found out today)

After waiting for a few minutes me and company ordered for a bucket meal. None of us knew that such an "Iftar meal" exists and was clueless why people were having, I'm not exaggerating, piles of chiken bones in their table and why the KFC staff were like throwing away food to people asking for an extra piece. Lars opted to order an Iftar meal for himself.

So off we ate our dinner. Lar keeps on ordering 2 to 3 pieces of Hot and Spicy and Original flavor chickens which either goes to our plates or to the bucket discreetly. We left the fastfood joint with a full bucket and extra chicken in a plastic bag.

Tara na Inuman na!

Grabe na to. Uminom ako ng Red Horse na 4 na in can. First time kong malasing at mahilo pero at least nakauwi akong matino nang medyo mahimasmasan ako. I'm proud of myself dahil kaya kong dalhin ang sarili ko at I'm still in control of myself. Kagaguhan talaga yung mga nagsasabing may nagawa silang kagaguhan kasi lasing sila.

Roadtrip

Tinawagan ako ni Mich, friend ng ex ko, at ininvite ako para mag-joyride. Masaya kasi nakilala ko mga friends nya na si Yul and si Jon na kapitbahay ko lang pala.

We went home around 4:00 am.

Friday

Lazy day.

Woke up 12 just to eat lunch. Then slept again for my siesta. Woke up around 4 and washed the dishes. Slept again. I was awaken by my flatmates that they'll go to Yasmine's place, two buildings away from ours, to play tong its. I told them I'll follow but instead I slept for like 2 hours again and when I woke up I watched a copy of Legion of Superheroes in youtube.com who was unblocked by Etisalat (UAE's version of PLDT).

Pigging out again

They called me up again and asked me if I'm interested eating out for dinner. We went to initially to Mary Brown but we thought that they don't affer any meals like that so we went to KFC instead. It was a quarter to 8pm that time and found out that such meal is sold in a limited time only. Off we went to Mary Brown where we eventually had our Iftar meal and where I broke Erwin Cunanan's record of eating fried chicken. He ate 7 while I ate 8 of them. Gilbert treated us for dinner by the way.

We continued our nightcap thru watching videos thru their laptops.

I got a call from Manny who wants me to accompany him to Brands for Less to check any good items on stock and to introduce him to Ed. I didn't notice the time and it's already 12:52. I forgot that I have agreed going out to Jumeira beach with Jon. Good thing he called because I don't have any load left in my phone.

Me, Manny and Ed hurried to our separate homes.

I reloaded my phone packed my bag and went to Jon's building. We hailed a cab going to the beach. We found out that there were only a handful people around.

Met a cute Iranian guy who never speaks any English. I just dived for almost 3 minutes under the sea and did my specialty. He he he.

After that, I lurked thru the beach but there were only a few handful available and non of the remaining ones were my type.

Went to my bag and received an irked text message from Jessa whom I forgot because I was hurrying myself to meet Jon.

Hmm. Sorry di ko nasabing may plano ako that night kasi nakalimutan ko nga.

No comments: