Splurge Galore!
Last week me and my roommates went to Ikea, a Swedish-based warehouse selling home furnitures, and went to buy cabinets for our new flat. I wasn't planning to buy one but in the end I bought in reluctance.
The day after, we went to City Center in Deira to buy our groceries for the week. I ended up buying a pair of Esprit leather shoes. It was on sale anyway and I need to replace the cheap pair I bought in Monumento. Imagine mo I bought that old pair for 500 lang at etong pair ko ngayon eh 500 + AED.
Sa office medyo boring. Tambak ang trabaho puro rush work. I do more reading now for our existing products. I'm still not that good in supporting VoIP devices. Pero with wireless medyo okay na ako. Everyday is a different ballgame. May days na goodshot ka ma days na nagkakamot na ako ng ulo kasi sobrang technical na ang pinaguusapan. If I have a chance to study again sana naging ECE na lang ako. Nowadays you'll hear me use technical jargons used when talking to different engineers in the field. Because of that, medyo yung confidence level ko eh medyo mababa.
Nung isang araw sobrang pagod naman. After work, I went to a christening reception of Anna's son(?). I was accompanied by Marnelle, a Link2 friend and Grace, Marnelle's friend who temporarily replaced Anna during her delivery. It was held in a Thai restaurant in Karama, a city 15 minute-cab-drive-away from my place. After eating, we walked the city and they planned to buy cheap clothing. Para syang Tutuban in short.
In our way cruising the place, I was approached by a man selling DVDs and pointed me to a secret door which I mistook as a changing room. They were selling 5-in-1 DVDs where I bought a copy where Superman Returns is a part of the compendium. I tested the Superman copy at home and the fr*gg*ng audio does not sync. I also discovered that another CD has bad copies of the movies. It could be either pixelated, skipping or has no audio. I was lucky enough to get a good copy where it has "Failure to Launch", "Garfield 2", "Tokyo Drift" and 2 others I forgot.
After testing the movies, Caroline (another ex-L2 employ) called me up for the planned night swimming with her arab friends - Malik, Sameer and Faisal. Malik is Caroline's officemate and the guy I was once fond of. Sameer is quite effeminate guy who claims he's straight which I doubt. Faisal is a cute and funny guy, quite rough but is very protective to the girls.
We arrived at the beach past 2 o clock and talked for a while. Right after, all the guys went to take a dip. Me, Faisal and Larsen (Caroline's bf) were left in the beach. After the two guys were tired dipping, they went back to the girls and left me. The beach is full of arab guys and you wont believe how loud they are.
I went gaga or should I say a bit scared when a guy approached me asking me to talk to FIlipina girls for them to f*ck in the beach. All I thought is that it was a friendly conversation but I was surprised when the guy fondled my ass cheek. I made an excuse to go and leave him. He's not cute rin kasi. He he he. A few minutes after, I went back to the beach and watched the scene. It's really difficult to flirt, especially if the guy is straight. Here in the Middle East such act can lead you to prison. I just dipped for like 30 minutes and went back to my friends and went home.
The next day in my attempt to get good copies, I called my 'suki' Chinese DVD reseller and bought Queen Latifa's "Last Holiday", Rowan Atkinson's "Keeping Mum" and another suspense thriller I forgot.
I woke around 1 pm na and had my lunch. I spent my day doing my laundry and watching Smallville's final episodes and The OC's first season with Lou.
Now, I'm back here in the computer shop to study about my report for our product. Medyo tinatamad ako pero I have to do it kesa naman mapahiya ako for my presentation tomorrow.
No comments:
Post a Comment