Sick Leave
I'm on sick leave since Wednesday July 13th because of nausea and feverish condition. I went home and brushed the idea that my fever could be coming from my slightly sored-throat. I woke up around brunch time and noticed that I have a very nasty sting in my throat. I looked in the mirror to see the swelling. The right wall of my tonsil is almost covering half of my throat's passage way. I thought that this was caused of lack of rest and water so I drank a couple of glasses of water and slept the whole day. Afternoon, still feeling the swelling pain in my tonsils I decided to call for another sick leave. Friday, still the same feeling but the feverish feeling wasn't there anymore.
Marathon Run
Saturday, I went to Martin's place in preparation for our first marathon run. I was feeling a bit okay then, so I bought some chocolates and chocolate drinks and snacks. I also chanced to buy the June edition of Men's Health - Philippine edition.
3:30 AM, I woke Martin to get dressed so that we won't get late for the event. We hired a cab on our way to UP Diliman where the "TARA RUN" Marathon was held. A few day's back, we registered in Fitness First as I saw the ad of a marathon run. Our last attempt was joining New Balance's run in The Fort way back May but we registered late thus making it a non-event.
Our taxi dropped us off the university around 5 AM. We scuffled our way to our booth and have to claim our numbers which took me 35 to 40 minutes, I'm not kidding, in waiting and re-registering ourselves because our gym failed to pass our forms to the people in-charge of the event.
It was 6 AM that the run started and we finished the race in about an hour or more.
Sick again
I went home and rested so that I won't have the feeling of restlessness when going to church. Alas, when I woke up. I'm feverish and I have difficulty now in swallowing. I didn't go to church.
The next day, I planned to go to my doctor friend and checked the status of my swolen throat. And he told me to rest for 7 days. What?!!! 7 loooong days? No gyms. No going out. Just rest in the house or have a complete bed rest.
I'm so bored now but quite thankful that I had this PC back here with my internet back. Who's gonna live without internet these days?
The Verdict
Later I'll be getting word from my doc if we'll continue with the surgery or just continue the medication. I believe that it would be the former because I still get the same swelling pain in my throat though the size has quite decreased a bit.
Hope that I'll recover soon. Miss workin'.
No comments:
Post a Comment