Saturday, November 24, 2007

Red Bull, Encore, Barzar, Trilogy and a bluff.




2 o' clock I reached Dubai Creek Park to watch Red Bull's 2nd Flugtag looking for Myra and Frennie. I finally found them after rummaging scores of eyecandy and spectators of the event. We went near the ramp so that we'll get a good view of the"flight" inventions or should I say gliding inventions that swished, swooshed and splashed the clear waters of Dubai Creek.


My personal favorite is the Star Wars inspired machine with the head of Darth Vader and with all the crew dressed up as foot soldiers and Yoda as the pilot. Another crowd favorite is a replica of the Burj Al Arab.


Ano ba ang Flugtag? (What is Flugtag?)


Sounds like plug and imagine mo na may P and F defect ka and then "taag". German siya so it sounds like the vowel "a" in pinoy twang.


Flugtag, or “flying day” in German, dares creative individuals to pilot their homemade flying machines off a 6-meter high ramp and into the blue yonder – or, as is more often the case, directly into the waters below. Selected teams of up to five members each will be chosen to soar bover Dubai Creek shores this year.





The event finished well with none of my favorites winning and last year's champion not even ending the final five. It was all clean fun anyway and all of us need to scoot with our other agendas for the day.


My next agenda...ENCORE...


I came home 6 o' clock two and a half hours before the curtain opens for the musicale. I have been thinking twice if I have to go to the show because there's the fear of me battling my weary eyes.


I rushed to Madinat Jumeirah 20 minutes before the show starts and I dashed to the boxed office to get poor me a ticket for the show. I was quite unprepared that night because I forgot that plays are usually gala night motif and there i was only wearing my Topman acid washed jeans and my rugged Tommy Hilfiger sneakers. Anyways, these I was sitting at seat G1 until I noticed that the show is about to start.


It opened with Adam Rowe's and Yvonne Marie Parson's instrumentation of some classic songs with their piano and cielo duet.

Then came the main attraction, Jamie Farr, Annette Yeo, David Shannon and Earl Carpenter famous artists from London's West End.

Hearing songs from Miss Saigon's Sun and Moon, Phantom of the Opera and even singing Supercalifragilisticexpialidocious with the singers made the mini-concerto a fun night to be in.

It was a blast and I went to Barzar to get loaded. I had a Bullfrog and 2 bottles of Heineken. I've got the party fever in me now so I gave my officemate a call to jump in with me.

We went to Trilogy and had some wild partying.

My BF called me if he can borrow a hundred bucks. I called my friend from the secret service police, he picked me up and dropped me off at Peppermint and gave my BF the money.

Then I went home. My friend gave me a kiss. Well, he was a previous fubu and it was his nice gesture anyway.

I went to my flat and slumped to my bed like a wasted dummy. That was 3am.

No comments: