I Suck Too Hard
This is not a suck up review of Joss Stone and Mika's concert.
The only thing I know about Joss is that my sis plays her music everytime she drives me to work. Joss has this eccentric R&B signature voice that you would know that that it is hers. Seeing her sing live is a refreshing experience to me. It's like tasting an old favorite recipe unavailable for some reason for a long time. She sings songs based on her experiences, personal growth and girl power. Her powerhouse backup singers reminds me of Dreamgirls the movie and I love them.
Mika is a livewire.
He's the new gay icon next to Queen or could be even better in the years to come. His target audience is the younger crowd with his very gaily music and easy to follow lyrics. Most of his songs have double meaning and has suggestive context but for me is witty enough to pass the censors and even marketed here in Dubai.
It was really a blast seeing him and singing his songs. Happy Ending, Big Girls, Love Today, and Lollipop are the highlights of his concert and made me lose my voice after all the shrieking and shouting in the concert.
Below is a video I've picked up from youtube.
Hope you guys like it!
No comments:
Post a Comment