Sunday, March 04, 2007

Grr...

I have to rant because...

I'm so stupid I didn't book for a seat in this year's Dubai tennis champinoship. I was there. All prepped up with Marnelle tagged along. I'm ready to buy tickets for one of the most anticipated annual sports event. I was walking near the box office and the sign says...SOLD OUT!

WHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAT???!!!

I tried to sleep early (4am) and not dare go to my friends' place just to go to this affair and all that I see is a SOLD OUT signage sticking to the box office window. Why? It's so unfair. The fact that I didn't see Nadal, who lost to Russia's Youzhny, nor Federer is very unfair.

Hours ago before going to the bogus tennis watch plan...I was with Frennie, Myra, Marnelle and Leila and went to Wafi Center and watched the last band play their song. The place was situated atop of the "Pyramids" of Wafi City where there are bean bags spread throughout a 50 x 50 meter quadrangle. The music is laid back and it's one good place to give some winks to some hot Arab and British men.

So we sat on the bean bags and enjoyed the last song and exchanged chikas. After the storytelling, we planned to go to Blush! - the bar I made out with an Irish guy. Problem is, word came to us that Blush! is no more. Boo hoo hoo.

We got a cab after a few minutes of waiting, and went to QDs for our next destination. We're just in front of the Hyatt Creek Park entrance and the guard told us that QDs is closed for the night!!! I'm fuming mad but I just kept my composure.

And finally, we all went to Jules Bar of Le Meridien hotel. We arrived past one and managed to go inside the bar. The bar was so full that we didn't get a seat. We waited for like 30 minutes or an hour or more after getting our own table. Now, I'm hungry I told myself. I'm ready to devour their basketful of fries. So I ordered beer first and light drinks for the girls for our complimentary drinks. Next, I'm just planning to order the fries for my entree. And ang sabi sa akin ng Filipino waiter, sir the kitchen closes at 2:30. Shit naman. Kainis talaga.

No comments: