Shoe trouble
Let's help our friend Marilou with her grammar problem. He he he.
Lou...panalo na naman ako!
Marilou Maniego is a batchmate in Link2Support whom I first confided that I'm a Swan together with her bestfriend Stacey. We came here in Dubai at the same time with two other friends/officemates Jules and Jessa.
When you're referring to a shoe. That means that you're pertaining to a piece of a pair of shoes.
e.g.
1) She takes off one shoe.
2) Arnold threw a shoe to the cat standing at the window.
3) There was this woman who lived in a shoe... (I hope you guys you know this one!)
Generally, shoes is considered as plural because of its use as a pair. So without mentioning that it is :
e.g.
1) I'm going to use my brand new suede shoes for the clubbers party tonight.
2) Please get my shoes in the rack near the cupboard.
3) I have two pairs of leather shoes and a blue rubber shoe. Chloe can you look for the other blue rubber shoe to complete a pair?
http://www.wordpower.ws/grammar/gramch15.html
1 comment:
well kuya boy...I CONCEDE...panalo ka nga..hehe...buti na lang may proof ka and meron nag convince saken na tama nga yung sayo...kundi d mo pa rin ako maco convince...hehehe -- lou
teka...kelangan MARILOU talaga ilagay, why not MARILOU MANIEGO...vakla ka talaga
Post a Comment