Enteng Kabisote II
Watching this movie is a trip to memory lane. The original cast from the 1987 sitcom were there but Alice Dixon now acting as the new Ina Magenta. Additional characters were Ina Verde (Melanie Marquez) and Ina Azul (Toni Rose Gayda).
Reprising their roles in last year’s pic are Vic Sotto as Enteng Kabisote, Kristine Hermosa as Faye, Oyo Boy Sotto as Benok, Aiza Seguerra as Aiza, Ruby Rodriguez as Amy, Jose Manalo as Jose/Verdana, Bayani Casimiro, Jr. as Prinsipe K and Bing Loyzaga as Satana.
Plot:
Enkantasia is in trouble as Satana awakes from the grave, brought back to life other adversaries like Drago (Victor Neri), Kidlat (Jeffrey Quizon) and Clawman (Boy Roque) and destroyed the sword that acts as the barrier of the the kingdom.
Yna Magenta asked Enteng to have a quest in search for the missing piece of the medallion that will protect and bring back peace and unity in Engkantasia.
I watched the movie December 27th, 3rd day of its official release in Robinsons Manila.I was wondring why this has been considered the top grossing flick in the filmfest while I see a few people watching it.
Booboos:
* The shootfest in the gasoline was quite weird. I was expecting major blasts when the gas pumps incurred shots from the misfires of the goons and fairies. Methinks that those bullets were duds.
* Benok’s distracting relationship with Azul’s adopted daughter Alyssa. This is one irks me in the whole process of the movie. Given that this is a family-oriented movie and with kids watching it,the love angle should not have been raised in the first place.
* I'm quite perplexed with the scope of Engkantadia kingdom. Why do some portions of it were touched by human hands? Like that of Ina Azul's ocean kingdom and Ina Verde's virgin forest polluted and molested by people.
* The water voyage was too obvious that their image are digitized in a bubble.
* I think the chase scene is an overused formula. But still it works for other people...specially children.
The other nuances that I encountered are not movie related. First, is a couple of guys seating in front of me and Martin who didn't bother paying tribute to the national anthem and sat and chatted until the song finished. Second, was a person talking in his cellphone loudly who never bothered standing from his seat. And lastly, kids at our back kicking our seats. I can't stand the last nuisance which made ask Martin to transfer seats.
No comments:
Post a Comment