Wednesday, October 05, 2005

Freaky Saturday

It's our 5th month together and that Saturday was the worst of our lives -- yet we survived...


11:00 AM Watsons' SM Manila (Basement)

Martin and I left their place early morning so that I can attend my girl friend's wedding. We went up to Watsons in SM Manila to buy a foot massager as our gift

Problem #1: Watsons' customer service guy not willing to help -- we're there for 15 minutes waiting for an attendant to help us but the customer service guy keeps on going to the storage room for who-knows-what-he's doing. He gave us a filthy-looking foot massager knowing that later on that the device was defective. He said there are no more foot massagers in stock. We went to the foot massager stock and saw another brand. We asked another customer service person for a new stock of this different brand and we got our device . We went off the store after that.

12:30, Malabon City Square

We arrived in a mall near our place. I went home and dressed up and picked up some gym clothes. I didnt noticed it was already an hour and I left Martin in the mall. I saw my him in the car already sweating caused by the scorching heat.

2:30 PM, San Roque Cathedral - Caloocan City

The temperature was like 90 to 95 degrees hot! The car's ventilation could not handle the burning heat penetrating it. Our lifesaver is a liter of cold Sarsi. We arrived in the church an hour late and just saw my friend having their pictures shot after the ceremony.

5:30, SM North EDSA Q.C.

Problem #2 Parking. We feel terrible that we're unprepared for the event. I asked Martin to go to the nearest mall to have our gift wrapped. The traffic was terrible -- when did EDSA traffic become better anyway. So there we were in SM North EDSA, circumvirating the mall we found ourselves a parking space outside the mall. To our frustration, the guard let us in the area with the cars parked bumper to bumber. We went out the area and found ourselves a slot in the SM Carpark -- 5th floor.

Problem #3 GiftWrapping. We sped up to the SM gift wrapping section and were dismayed that the item they only entertain gift wrapping if our gift was bought in the SM department store itself. Our spirits weren't bothered by the incident so we bought our gift wrappers and other accesorries. There's no available scissors in the department store so we decided to go to National bookstore inside the mall too.

To my surprise I saw a giftwrapping section where we have to pay for a almost 2oo bucks. The gift wrapping process took us more than an hour. We went out the mall 6:45

7:00 Congressional Avenue

Problem #4 Way to the Congressional Village - We're lost finding the wedding reception. We're at the end of our wits, Martin's feet are already aching and our contact -- my friend and officemate, Bevs, has already left the reception.

We're lost for almost 30 minutes in the road. And finally we're in the reception area with my friend in her gown welcoming us. We're entertained by my friend personally and I'm quite happy that me and Martin could finally take some rest.

We stayed for a couple of minutes and left.

8:00 Munoz

Problem #5 Car Crash in Mu�oz - This is the highlight of the story. But this isn' t a tragedy -- thank God! So we're in our high spirits because we've surpassed all the difficulties the whole day and finally we can rest. We're supposed to go to Streetscape in Shangri-La but all these were put to a stop when we bumped into a green box-type car and scratched both doors of the said vehicle. Martin were all shaking because he doesn't have any money. He talked to the driver and he was asking for P2000 to fix the scratches. Martin has P100 while I have P400. I told Martin that I have P1600 in my ATM.

Problem #6 ATM not working- I thought that we can get through this problem after withdrawing money from the ATM but I didn't imagine that withdrawing will be another problem. All ATMs were not accepting my card either saying that it cannot read the card or I should transact with my own bank. I don't know what to do. I'm going to burst. I went to Martin and told him about it. Good thing that Matt, Martin's friend and gymbud saved the day.

It was a day full of trials and realizations. With that I love my baby more.

No comments: